Monday, April 1, 2013

ReShape Mondays - Vacay Edition

Rise and Shine!


                              


Who's all peppy, bright-eyed and bushy tailed this morning? No, not the Easter bunny, he's gone til next year. Your girl is about to hit the road for the week. Well, first, your girl has to take care of some stuff before hitting that road. See, normally, I would let certain things go before a vacation. But I have adapted a new lifestyle. A lifestyle of putting my well-being first. The past year, my health has been in the spotlight. I have a family history of high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol. These are things I wish not to bring to my kids. The buck stops here. I have always been a pretty good eater, never really worked out until 2010. My frame is small but that just goes to show you that size doesn't matter. Being borderline diabetic is enough to wake anybody up, well at least it should be. Know your numbers. What are your blood sugar levels (A1c levels), this is the test that measures the average blood glucose for the past 2 to 3 months. Know your numbers

Know your numbers. What about high blood pressure? This one is called the "silent killer" because it shows no symptoms, do you know your blood pressure number?

Sorry to be a Debbi Downer today, but I love you guys and I want us all to keep writing/reading blogs til we are good and ready to stop! And yes, I love you, even though I have never met any of you. 

So, as I type these last few sentences, I am even more pumped to get to the gym before this road trip. That way, I know I've started my week off right. I've got my fruit and veggies to munch on. Don't get me wrong now, I've also got crackers and chips. It is ok to have that stuff depending upon what goals you've set and you can eat those things in moderation. 


Alright, gotta go get my sweatin' on! Have a great Monday, guys!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany,

    AWESOME post! That's probably why we mesh soo well! We've got lots in common! I was borderline diabetic last October. I think a lot of it was the baby weight that I couldn't get rid off. So... gym, yoga, healthy eating...all of that became me! I am now 50 lbs. lighter and my sugar levels are normal :). You can do it!!

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jessica! You are like my long lost sistah! I am gaining muscle tone, got about 10 more lbs to go.

    ReplyDelete