Ok, well, I will be when it happens. At the time of this post, "it" happens in 10 days.
I imagine an 18 year being happy about turning 18. It represents freedom.
Or a 21 year old being happy about turning 21. It represents being of drinking age, if you're into that sort of thing.
Why am I happy about turning 40? To me, it represents life leveling out. Let me explain.
Sure, I could freak out about early signs of menopause, the sound my knees make after a strenuous workout, trying to read the teeny, tiny print on a bottle (who ever came up with teeny, tiny print?) mammograms, saying stuff like "back in my day", or this muffin top that I am busting my butt to shrink. Notice I didn't say get rid of completely.
I am good with not having a perfect, Victoria's Secret model's body.
See, that's just it.
I am choosing to rock the fact that:
- I am comfortable in my own skin
- I made it to 40
- I don't feel old
- I am in great health
- I have the best husband in the world
- I have the best kids that many moms wish they had
- I have a growing career
- I no longer need the stamp of approval from people
Fact is, who says 40 is the age when you realize certain things? It could be at any age.
We all grow at different rates. So, for you, your life may have leveled out at 25, or 32. You may still be waiting for it to calm down!
Guess what, that's ok because there are some awesome lessons to be learned on the journey. I know it doesn't feel like it during the chaos but believe that it's shaping who you are and who you will become.
Yes, even at 40, you can transform yourself.
Hope you're happy about whatever age you currently are or about to be.
Let me help you boost that enthusiasm a lil bit more with a GIVEAWAY.
So, it's my birthday (or it will be in 10 days) and I'll give away stuff if I want to!
Enjoy my 40 for 40 birthday giveaway! Since I am turning 40, I am giving away 4 gift cards in increments of $10.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Periodically, this blog hosts giveaways intended for fun and an incentive for the readers. These events may be self-sponsored by the blog owner or may be sponsored by another individual, business or corporation. This may or may not be plainly stated in the actual giveaway. If you need further clarification, please ask.
All giveaways, unless otherwise stated, will follow these guidelines:
~hosted and winners chosen via Rafflecopter, Random.org or PromoSimple.
~are hosted with the intent of adding a bit of fun to this site and in no way are meant to be a form of gambling or sweepstakes.
~open only to individuals in the continental USA, 18+.
~will start and end on dates listed on each specific contest.
~each winner will have 48 hours to claim prize, . After 48 hours, if there is no response, another winner will be chosen.
~If giveaway is self-hosted, site/blog owner agrees to mail prize to winner(s) within 14 days.
~If giveaway is sponsored by an outside entity, then winner will abide by their prize fulfillment periods, which may be as long as 180 days, depending on the company. I carefully select the companies I work with. Since we live in an online world, many things can occur. If a vendor chooses to not fulfill a promised prize, I cannot be held liable or responsible. I will diligently work to have the company make good on their promise, but this outcome is not guaranteed. Hopefully, this will not be an outcome we will have to explore.
· All giveaway entrants agree to be honest; Entrants may be disqualified at my discretion if fraud is detected.
· The winner(s) is responsible for any tax liability resulting from any prizes.
· Any and all giveaways may be promoted on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, email or other social network sites. This is a means of promotion only. This is not to be misconstrued as Twitter, Facebook or other social network sites being responsible for any particular contest.
· Winner(s) assumes all responsibility if they desire additional clarification, prior to entering the giveaway or at the conclusion of the contest.
· Various hosting methods for giveaways may be used, including Rafflecopter. These applications gather email addresses for verification. When entering a giveaway, you are granting permission to have your email added to our mailing list. You will get a verification/confirmation email, which gives you an opportunity to decline or unsubscribe at any time.
· Now, go have fun with this giveaway, all the best to you and thank you for reading!