Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Who just got nominated for the Liebster Award? This Gladiator Girl...

I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by Jessica over at 
The Wondering Brain.
                                             



  • When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  • Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
  • You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
  • You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
  • You paste the award picture into your blog.

You want random, I got random:
1.             I was a single mom for 4 years before getting married last spring
2.             My 2 kids are 10 years apart
3.             I've been with the same company for 12 years
4.             I learned how to swim 2 years ago
5.             I am the oldest of 3 children
6.             I flew on a plane for the first time 3 years ago
7.             My husband is a better cook than I am!
8.             I have 4 different nicknames given to me by family members
9.             Spring is my favorite season
10.          I am jammin’ to the new Justin Timberlake album
11.          The origin of my last name is Czech (courtesey of my husband)

Here's what Jessica asked me:

What is your favorite day of the week?
Wednesday because I work from home and it's the middle of the week 

Are you a morning, afternoon, or evening person?
I like to think that am a morning person but have been told otherwise. I do my best thinking in the mornings but can’t stand when others interrupt me. Still didn’t answer the question, huh?

What's your dream car?
One that has a chauffeur to drive me wherever I need to go!

What movie would you describe your life? Why?
X-Men, sometimes I feel like I have super powers to be able to commute daily, provide taxi service to 2 kids, burning it up in the kitchen and being ready to "go" with the husband! Hmmmm....who should I be Storm or Professor X?

Beach, country, or city person?
Although born in the country, I have lived in the city for most of my life. So, guess I am picking city.

If you had an extra hour in a day, what would you do with it?
Would love to get back to volunteering.

What's the meaning behind your blog name?
I absolutely love the show Scandal. One of the characters on the show defined his boss as a “Gladiator in a skirt”. She is tough, has a soft side, gets the job done. I wanted a name that reflected how I feel sometimes having to blend my life with work.

If you knew you wouldn't fail, what would you do?
Start some sort of business.

You've inherited a million bucks and you can't spend it on yourself, what would you do with it?
Would love to build a few Habitat for Humanity homes.

Who inspires you? Why?
My strength comes from God, he wakes me up every day to go out and make a difference, not matter how big or small. 

If you could trade places with someone for the day, who would it be? 
Frankly, I like being me. It has taken me a while to come to that conclusion, but the journey was worthwhile.




Again, thanks Jessica, for including me in on the fun! Here are my nominees:













And here's what I would like to know:

  1. If you could be a superhero which one would you be and why?
  2. What would you eat for your last meal on earth?
  3. If I gave you a $100 right now what would you spend it on?
  4. When was the last time you cried and why?
  5. Whats the last nice thing you did for someone else?
  6. What product/item do you swear by?
  7. If you could go back in time which year would you choose?
  8. If  I gave you a free plane ticket where would you go?
  9. If your room were to be on fire and you had 2mins to round up anything, what would you grab?
  10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
  11. How would you spend your last day on earth?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I LOVE your answers :). Congratulations, again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiffany!
    Just wanted to stop by and thank you for linking up with us this week at the "Linkin with my ladies" blog hop! So glad you could join us.
    Katie~
    Dysfunction Junction

    ReplyDelete